Social media has come a long way in such a short space of time, and Facebook is constantly changing to keep up with the times. One of its newer features is the ability for anyone to live stream content via Facebook Live. Last year Facebook began to roll this new feature out to public figures, before extending this to verified accounts, and now it’s available to anyone.
So what does this mean when it comes to promoting your film, and how can you capitalize on this feature?
This live option gives you another exciting, real-time way of bringing your audience into your world. It’s a great option if you want to bring more people to your Facebook page and it can also be exceptionally useful for crowdfunding campaigns. It means you can connect with your audience in a really intimate and authentic way.
I’m going to give you some ideas for using Facebook Live when promoting your film. If you use them, let me know what your experience was like!
During a crowdfunding campaign:
- Go live 30 minutes before the campaign starts so you can answer questions about the campaign and the film and count down the time to the start of the campaign.
- Add an incentive during the campaign- when your campaign reaches milestones (first 1K etc) have a Q&A with the actors and/or directors.
- A tour of a set or shooting location, introducing various members of the production.
- A sit-down Q&A with director, producer and/or actors.
- Live-stream from your film’s premiere, with cast, crew and attendees walking the red carpet. Nab some of the cast and crew for short interviews.
- Streaming of an in-house Q&A live prior to a screening.
So there you have it- a few quick ideas to get your creative juices flowing when it comes to using Facebook Live as another way to promote your film and build your audience.
At Film Sprites PR we provide publicity and digital marketing to films globally. Check out what we have to offer HERE.